Please Note that end of June 2016 will mark the closing of the Eddy Street chapter of The Clay Underground.
Class Dates & Registration
|Category||Title||Start Date||Time||Instructor||Available Spaces|
If a class you are interested in shows “Sold Out” in the list above, you can click on the Class Title link to add your name to the Waiting list, if one is available.
Please Contact Us if you experience any errors with registration.
Drop in course – 2.5 hrs: $55 per class
(quantity discounts available)
Saturday mornings: 10:30 am – 1:00 pm
(You may select one or more dates to attend)
- Ryan McCullen
Intro to Clay
- Intro to Clay is geared toward those with little to no experience, but open to all levels.
- Try your hand at a variety of clay techniques, and learn the basics of handbuilding and throwing.
- You will learn to center the clay on the wheel as you begin to throw the basic forms and learn to trim.
- Handbuilding projects might include techniques such as pinch, coil and slab built forms.
- Surface decoration and glazing techniques will also be covered.
- By the end of the class, students will have gained a better understanding of the ceramic medium.
- 6 week course
- 2 1/2 hours/class
Friday Night Clay
- Friday Night Clay is for letting loose and relaxing. Couples, singles, and friends… come join us.
- Get a little dirty and creative at The Clay Underground while enjoying the wine or beer that you bring in.
- Our instructor shows and assists you with the basic techniques on the potter’s wheel.
- We provide the tools and clay.
- We glaze and fire up to two pieces, included in cost. There is an extra charge for any additional pieces you decide to have glazed and fired.
- We contact you approximately two weeks after your class when your work is ready to be picked up.
- Open to all levels
- 1 night class
- 2 hours
Check out our newest class – Drop in Clay – a reasonably priced one-time class that’s designed for those interested in trying the potter’s wheel but who don’t want to commit to a full session, just yet.
Perfect for the beginner with no previous experience – or – for those who have taken pottery classes before and want to get their hands on clay again.
Learn the basics of wheel throwing and the use of underglaze colors on the pieces you make.
Each two and a half hour class will be geared to the skill level and experience of the students. Clay, tool use, glaze and firing for up to two pieces are included in the fee.
Class sizes are limited, so you will have lots of one-on-one time with your teacher.
Multiple classes can be purchased and may be shared between different individuals.
1 class: $55
- 2 classes: $105
- 3 classes: $150
- 4 classes: $180
- 5 classes: $210
- 6 classes: $240
NOTE: New prices effective for class dates after Jan 1, 2016.
- Discount applied automatically in shopping cart. Only applies to classes purchased at the same time, not valid with other discounts.